Student Travel Grant
NSF ( National Science Foundation ) Travel Support for Students
MIPR 2018 is organizing a student program as part of the main conference program, to provide an effective and inexpensive way of encouraging students in multimedia research. The specific goals of the student program are the following:
- To provide opportunities for guiding early-stage researchers to learn this area and to formulate their research directions;
- To promote interactions among students and speakers;
- To create a supportive environment for students;
- To advise students on their careers.
The NSF travel support will encourage students to attend the conference and participate in the student program, helping them get timely feedback from world-class experts in the field.
MIPR 2018 is pleased to announce that NSF will provide a total of $15,000 to support the travel and participation of 15 students to attend MIPR 2018. Each student will receive up to $1,000 travel award. Original receipts will be required for reimbursements.
Selection Process and Rules
- Eligibility: Only students enrolled in a university in April 2018 are eligible.
- Application: Application deadline for the NSF Travel Support is March 6th, 2018. Please visit this website and submit the application. Please also submit the below two documents to the email address email@example.com
- Applicant's Curriculum Vitae
- Advisor's recommendation letter
- A support/recommendation letter from the student’s advisor is required.
- Selection: Student applications will be evaluated by the Student Program Co-Chairs to receive the travel support based on the expected benefit to the student, the quality of the student’s work, the advisor’s supporting letter, publication record and other accomplishments, the progress or status of the student’s dissertation work, and the diversity in student participants (e.g., students from different regions, underrepresented groups, smaller schools or schools with less established multimedia research). Speakers and authors will receive higher priorities.
Rules: The selected students would be required to participate in a student event during the conference and submit a report after the conference. The receipts must be sent to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 2018.
Please read Section 614 of NSF’s rules for travel expenses Link